There are many opportunities to get involved in the process of working to ensure that our children are entering school ready to learn. The following are just a few:
- Because First Steps is a community partnership, we are always looking for new partners to provide services or funding for these valuable programs. We are especially appreciative of "in-kind" contributions where goods or services are provided to the program. Not only do the children benefit, but because First Steps is a not-for-profit agency, there are also tax benefits for donors.
- Many of the schools welcome volunteers in a wide range of capacities from mentoring to classroom assistance. This type of service can range from a single visit to regularly scheduled visits.
- Visit or write your legislator to tell them about the importance of early childhood development and to support programs for young children, like First Steps.
- Recruit others to volunteer to help a young child's early development.
- Make a Donation: Checks payable to Newberry County First Steps
PO Box 25
540 Brantley Street
Newberry, SC 29108
$10 provides 15 hours of child care training for one child care provider.
$40 provides a preschool child a book per month for eight months!
$330 will fund one child in the 6 week Countdown to kindergarten program.